Join our fun team and put your talents to work connecting people with great experiences on the river. We are hiring for part-time seasonal positions starting as early as mid-April. To apply for a position, please click the link below to fill out an application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Email Sonya Silver at [email protected] if you have questions or would like to submit a resume in addition to your application (not required).
See below for job descriptions for currently available positions.
Bus & Trailer Driver – STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
River Hand-POSITIONS FILLED FOR 2023
RRC Internship for 13 and 14 year olds- INTERNSHIP POSITIONS FILLED FOR 2023
Position: Bus & Trailer Driver
- Weekly schedule for this position will vary depending on candidate availability. We encourage anyone qualified to apply. We will have shifts available for anywhere from 16 to 40 hours per week.
- Availability for work on Saturdays and Sundays is an essential part of the position.
- Candidate must:
- Be over the age of 24,
- Have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record,
- Be able to lift 85 lbs.
- Ideally will have experience towing trailers (some training will be provided)
- Have a friendly demeanor and a genuine interest in customer happiness.
- Responsibilities include:
- Driving a 14-passenger bus with a kayak trailer in tow.
- Backing up the trailers at various river access sites
- Helping to load and unload kayaks, canoes, SUPs and tubes onto vehicles and trailers, and bringing them to and from the river.
- Most drivers will learn to give trip safety briefings to customers, and help launch them on river.
- Starting compensation is $16-$20 per hour (commensurate with applicable experience), plus free use of RRC boats and equipment, and access to discount purchasing of outdoor products.
- The person who will thrive in this role….
- Can lift 85 lbs and enjoys physically demanding work (ie not afraid to sweat)
- Can drive a small bus towing a trailer (in forward and reverse)
- Likes interacting with and helping people from all walks of life
- Has the presence of mind to independently exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
- Has an easy-going nature that will help them approach the challenges and stress with grace and humor
- Prior experience with customer service, outdoor recreation, wildlife and nature appreciation, or large vehicle operation will be helpful.