Join our fun team and put your talents to work connecting people with great experiences on the river. We are hiring for part-time seasonal positions starting as early as mid-April. To apply for a position, please click the link below to fill out an application no later than mid March. . Email Sonya Silver at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to submit a resume in addition to your application (not required).
See below for job descriptions for currently available position.
Bus & Trailer Driver
Position: Bus & Trailer Driver
- Weekly schedule for this position may vary slightly, but expect 16-24 hours per week.
- Availability for work on Saturdays and Sundays is an essential part of the position.
- Candidate must:
- Be over the age of 25,
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record,
- Be able to lift 85 lbs.
- Have experience driving trailers (some training will be provided)
- Have a friendly demeanor and a genuine interest in customer happiness.
- Responsibilities include:
- Driving a 14-passenger bus with a canoe trailer in tow.
- Backing up the canoe trailer at various river access sites
- Loading and unloading kayaks, canoes, SUPs and tubes onto vehicles and trailers, and bringing them to and from the river. This is physically demanding work
- Staying engaged during moments of downtime by self-starting on tasks such as cleaning vehicles, cleaning and repairing boats, running business-related errands, etc.
- Give trip safety briefings to customers, and help launch them on river. This means public speaking and getting your feet wet.
- Starting compensation is $13-$15 per hour (commensurate with applicable experience), plus free use of RRC boats and equipment (year round), and access to discount purchasing of outdoor products.
- The person who will thrive in this role….
- Can lift 85 lbs and enjoys physical work
- Can drive a small bus towing a trailer (in forward and reverse)
- Likes interacting with and helping people from all walks of life
- Has the presence of mind to independently exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
- Has an easy-going nature that will help them approach the challenges and stress with grace and humor
- Prior experience with customer service, outdoor recreation, wildlife and nature appreciation, and large vehicle operation will be helpful.