We founded the Rivanna River Company in 2015 as Charlottesville’s first paddlesports outfitting service. We started the company to share our love of playing in the outdoors and to help connect Charlottesville with its beautiful river. We are dedicated to making adventures on the water inviting and accessible to people from all backgrounds.
As a husband and wife team starting a business in our hometown, we are committed to treating each customer as family. We work to be an asset to you, your family, your school, and your company when it comes to planning a memorable experience in the great outdoors.
With many years of experience as outdoor educators and a lifetime of enthusiasm for playing on the water, we can provide you with friendly advice, skills instruction, and educational programs. Let us take care of the gear and logistics so that you can relax and enjoy your precious free time in nature.
Come join us on the river!
Gabe and Sonya Silver
- Cultivating respect and understanding of the river, its watershed, and its wildlife.
- Welcoming everyone with a smile to accessible adventures that meet customers at their level.
- Creating a culture of safety by slowing down, preparing fully and communicating clearly.
- Improving quality of life by inviting customers to discover local geography, history, and nature in a new way.
- Giving people new reasons to love the place they live.
- Creating a workplace that values creativity, listening, hard work, and a deep commitment to fun.
- Catalyzing Charlottesville’s riverfront renaissance.
A healthy Rivanna River enjoyed, embraced and valued by the people of Charlottesville.