We have a special experience to offer youth from all backgrounds, with all experience levels in outdoor recreation.
We love introducing young people to paddling for the first time. We believe in welcoming everyone with a smile to accessible adventures that meet participants at their level. Our patient instructors will make sure everyone is enjoying themselves and getting the attention they need to succeed.
Our outings not only offer physical recreation but also allow kids an opportunity to cultivate a peaceful mind and and a new appreciation for the natural world. Our instructors often take a break from paddling instruction to point out a bird or tree that has a story to tell.
Our trips can be customized in many ways:
- Trips on flatwater settings (reservoirs and lakes) when introducing new skills (Ages 6 and up)
- River trips that focus on local history, ecology, and/or environmental science (Ages 12 and up)
- We can outfit a trip as a river clean-up for groups interested in an environmental service day.
Depending on the program and the size of the group, costs generally range from $25-$50 per person. Whenever possible, we offer trips on a sliding scale for groups that cannot afford to pay what it costs us to run these programs.
To find out more about options and pricing, and schedule a trip, please contact Gabe Silver at [email protected] or 434-218-2052
- School classes (Middle and High School)
- School Clubs
- Home-school groups
- After-school programs
- ESOL Programs
- Girl Scouts
- Boy Scouts
- Summer Camps
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Boys and Girls Club
- Therapeutic Recreation (Physical and Mental Disabilities)