JOIN US BY THE RIVER FOR MUSIC UNDER THE STARS.
A collaboration between the Rivanna River Company, the Front Porch Music School and Sun Tribe Solar, Rivanna Roots is a family-friendly outdoor concert series held on the banks of the Rivanna River.
Families, nature lovers, and music fans gather at RRC’s riverside field to enjoy the talents of fantastic local and regional musicians. Bring a blanket or a chair, take your shoes off, and enjoy an evening of the finest local music and refreshment in one of the prettiest spots in Charlottesville! Ticket and drink sales benefit the Front Porch Music School’s Roots and Wings community outreach program. The Front Porch offers scholarships, music lessons, group classes, summer camps, instrument rentals, and concerts with the mission of connecting everyone through music! Adults and kids can sign up for Front Porch classes here.
PRESENTING PARTNER: SUN TRIBE SOLAR
We are pleased to announce a partnership with Sun Tribe Solar, one of the fastest growing clean energy companies in the Mid-Atlantic, based here in Charlottesville. Sun Tribe’s dedication to a stronger community and healthier environment makes them the perfect collaborator. Look for Sun Tribe volunteers this summer at Rivanna Roots!
Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door
Children 12 and under are FREE
A season pass gets you into all the shows with one single purchase.
Limited Availability: purchase by April 15th and pay only $100
Event Start and End Times:
Doors open at 5 pm
Music is from 6 – 9 pm
Please walk, bike, or carpool whenever possible. Thank you!!
1) Handicap parking available at Rivanna River Company. Limited additional parking available at Rivanna River Company.
2) The Cosner Brothers lot— walk to the Rivanna River Company location on the trail at the back of the parking lot.
3) The parking lot directly across E High from the Cosner Brothers lot, adjacent to the corner lot where food trucks park—-then use the lighted crosswalk to cross E High St to the Rivanna River Company’s location directly behind the Pie Chest.
4) Lower Burnley-Moran Elementary School parking lot- Directly next to Fabio’s Pizza drive up Riverdale Dr, this will take you directly into the lower parking lot of Burnley Moran Elementary. Then walk back down the hill and use the lighted crosswalk to cross E High St to the Rivanna River Company’s location directly behind the Pie Chest.
RIVANNA ROOTS FAQ
- No outside alcohol is permitted.
- Dogs on leash are permitted.
- Outside food is permitted, but we encourage you to support the local food trucks that will be on site.
- Concertgoers are invited to bring blankets and chairs into the venue. There are no tents, staking or canopies allowed.
- Ponchos and small, personal umbrellas are permitted in the case of rain.
- Portable toilets will be available on site. Sanitizer will be available for use.
- Handicap parking is available on the RRC property free of charge.
- This event is rain or shine. Serious weather like thunder/lighting/high winds can delay or in some cases result in cancellation. If a concert is canceled, tickets will be refunded within 7 business days.